Saturday, February 26, 2011

SOLVING THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS

Am a small lad, living in a small city, in a small country, in fact my country is grouped with the smallest countries of the world.
I grow to know that there are so many problems the world face, and sometimes the existence of human beings are even threatened talk less of that of animals and plants alike.
Sincerely, I really don’t like living in a world that bad news of calamity, strife, restiveness, unrest, anarchy, war and atrocities would be the good news that would bring good money to news agencies. Hence I wonder how can I influence my WORLD and contribute to the WORLD I live in positively. In my thought “but I am just a small boy, from a small city, in a small country”. How then can my small environment make a meaningful big impact, how can I help with the tornado and bushfire pertinent in Australia, the Haiti storm, or the unrest in the middle east, with increasingly suicide bombers which also includes children, I wonder if those children really know what they are doing. In this state of mind, I am forced to conclude that there is no way my impact could be felt in such big situations, just then do I remember the story of Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela, both of which are so to say relegated in the society they lived in but, with the their strength of action and persistence they were able to change not only the cause of their life but the cause of lives around them and generations to come and those yet unborn.
I therefore charge you this day that you might not be named Martin Luther King or Madiba of South Africa, but your little contribution to better the lots of those around you, could be the ginger that will birth the next Bill Gates, Ben Carson, Frederick Smith, Oprah Winfrey, Larry Page, Johnny Cash, Carlos Slim, Michael Dell and all the names we will like to remember for their remarkable deeds.
If you will start adding positive values to the person next to you, in my opinion you are the SOLUTION TO THE WORLDS PROBLEMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment